- Yield 1 servings
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
A clearly contemporary cocktail with a pear-y nice twist.
Many of the nouveau martini-style cocktails are fruity and fun -- this follows that trend by using pear nectar, but with Cognac for richness and a wee bit of ginger for added intrigue.
- 1 slice ginger, thin
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces Cognac
- 1 1/2 fluid ounces pear nectar
- 1/2 fluid ounce Cointreau or Triple Sec
- -- Ice cubes
- -- Orange peel twist, for garnish
- Place ginger in a cocktail shaker and break it up with a muddler or the back of a spoon. Add Cognac, pear nectar and Cointreau to shaker; shake well. Strain through a fine-mesh sieve (such as a tea strainer) into a short tumbler half-filled with ice cubes.
- Garnish with a twist of orange peel, if you like.
Recipe by Wini Moranville.