Pear and Fig Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
- 8-- fresh figs, stems removed
- 2-- ripe Bosc or Anjou pears
- 1head Belgium endive
- 1head red radicchio
- 1/3cup crumbled blue cheese
- Mustard-Honey Vinaigrette
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1/8cup red wine vinegar
- 1teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1-- garlic clove, minced and mashed
- 1/4cup honey
- 1/2cup olive oil
- To prepare the salad: Slice the figs into quarters. Set aside.
- Peel and remove the core from the pears. Cut into 8 wedges each.
- Separate the endive and radicchio into sections. Arrange alternately on a serving plate.
- Place the figs and pear sections inside each leaf of the endive and radicchio. Top with crumbled blue cheese. Chill until ready to serve. Drizzle with mustard-honey vinaigrette.
- To prepare the dressing: Whisk together the salt and vinegar until frothy.
- Add the mustard, garlic and honey, whisking to combine.
- Add the olive oil in a stream while whisking.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Under the Fig Leaf; A Cookbook for Fig Lovers (copyright 2009, Sherri Lee Parker Lee).