Peanutty Asian Chicken Wings
- Yield 20-40 servings
- Prep 20 mins
- Cook 40 mins
These five-ingredient wings will be gone before the bowl game half-time show even gets started, so make extras.
- 2 1/2 pounds pounds chicken wings*
- 1 cup teriyaki sauce, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced in a garlic press
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- In a 9-inch-by-13-inch baking dish, stir together 3/4 cup teriyaki sauce and 3 cloves of garlic. Add the wings and stir until evenly coated. Set aside for 10 minutes while the oven preheats to 475F.
- Put the remaining 1/4 cup teriyaki sauce and the remaining clove of garlic into the food processor and add the peanut butter and rice vinegar. Whirl until smooth. Pour into a small bowl.
- Spread the wings on a sheetpan and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes, until firm and nicely browned. Serve with the peanut sauce for dipping.
- If you prefer to broil the wings, turn them once while they cook. Under the broiler, the wings should cook in about 15 minutes. If you prefer to grill the wings, place them over medium-hot coals and turn them once while they cook. On the grill, the wings should cook in about 8-10 minutes.
* If desired, separate the wings at the joint and cut off and discard the tips