- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/4cup roasted peanut oil
- 3tablespoons rice vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1tablespoon low sodium soy sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, minced
- 2tablespoons peanut butter
- Noodles and Vegetables:
- 3large carrots, julienned
- 1large cucumber, skin on, seeds removed, julienned
- 1 to 2cup seasonal vegetables of choice, julienned
- 12ounces chow mein noodles*
- 1/4cup chopped fresh mint, Thai basil, basil, cilantro or mint
- 3tablespoons chili paste
- To make the dressing: Whisk the peanut oil, vinegar, soy sauce, garlic and jalapeno together in a large bowl. Add the peanut butter and continue whisking until smooth.
- To make the vegetables: Submerge the julienned vegetables in a bath of ice water while you make the rest of the dish.
- Bring a large pot of water to boil over medium-high heat. Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Drain and rinse until cool. Add the cool noodles to dressing and gently toss until evenly coated.
- Divide the noodles into 6 even portions and make a nest in the middle. Drain the crisped carrots, cucumber and other veggies. Create haystacks with the veggie matchsticks. Finish with a sprinkling of fresh herbs, salt and a dollop of chili paste.