Peanut Butter Fudge with Pecans
- Yield 5 dozens
A marshmallow cream peanut butter fudge topped with pecans for a little crunch
"A friend gave me this great candy recipe 30 years ago, and I have been making it ever since. It is so easy and so delicious."
- 2 sticks margarine or butter
- 4 cups sugar
- 1 1/2 ounces light corn syrup and enough evaporated milk to make 1 cup
- 1 (18-ounce) jar peanut butter
- 1 (7-ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- Melt margarine in medium saucepan. Add sugar, syrup, and milk. Bring to a boil and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from stove. Add peanut butter, marshmallow creme, vanilla, and pecans.
- Pour into greased 13 x 9-inch pan. Cool and cut in squares.
Tips From Our Test Kitchen: Put peanut butter and marshmallow creme into a separate bowl before starting, making it easier to add all at one time after sugar is cooked. Try lining the prepared pan(s) with overlapping wax paper greased on both sides. The fudge will come out easier. Just peel off the paper and cut. This recipe makes enough fudge to split between two pans since not everyone likes nuts. Refrigerate fudge.
Drema J. Holstine, Gay, W.V.