Peanut Butter Cup Pie
- 1 9-inch baked pastry crust
- 1/2cup sugar
- 1/2cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 plus 1/8 cup cocoa powder
- Dash salt
- 1 1/2 sticks butter, melted
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2tablespoons peanut butter
- 2large eggs
- 22 mini peanut butter cups, cut in half
- 1/4cup mini peanut butter cups, cut in half
- 1/4cup mini peanut butter cups (optional)
- 1/4cup milk chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- In large bowl, mix together sugar, brown sugar, flour, cocoa powder, and salt. Add melted butter, vanilla, and peanut butter, and mix well. Next add the eggs and mix well. Fold in the peanut butter cups and pour filling into prepared pie crust.
- Bake for 45 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to cool. For garnish, melt 1/4 cup milk chocolate chips and 1/4 cup peanut butter chips and drizzle on top of the pie, if desired.
Posted with permission from Me, Myself and Pie: Amish Recipes by Sherry Gore (Zondervan, 2014).