Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake
- Yield 8 to 12 servings
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2 cup cup creamy peanut butter
- 20 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9 inch springform pan with plastic wrap. Spread ice cream evenly in prepared pan, and freeze for several hours until firm.
- While springform pan is in freezer, prepare ganache. Place chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth, and cool to room temperature.
- Remove springform pan from freezer and quickly top with cooled ganache, spreading evenly. Return to freezer to slightly firm up ganache.
- While springform pan is in freezer, prepare whipped cream. Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Using whisk attachment of a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip cream to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- For cake, using whisk attachment of a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip cream to stiff peaks. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and ¼ peanut butter until smooth. Gently fold sweetened condensed milk mixture into whipped cream. Place small dollops of peanut butter on top of cream mixture, add peanut butter cups, and fold together gently.
- Remove cake from freezer and spread evenly with whipped cream to cover all sides. Decorate with additional peanut butter cups, if desired. Return to freezer for at least another hour or two, until frozen.
This recipe originally appeared as Homemade No-Churn Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake on cupcakesandkalechips.com.