Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake
- Yield: 8 to 12 servings
- 1pint heavy cream
- 1can sweetened condensed milk
- 2teaspoons vanilla
- 1/2cup cup creamy peanut butter
- 20 miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups, coarsely chopped
- 1cup semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/3cup heavy cream
- Whipped Cream
- 1 1/2cups heavy cream
- 2tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1teaspoon vanilla
- Line a 9 inch springform pan with plastic wrap. Spread ice cream evenly in prepared pan, and freeze for several hours until firm.
- While springform pan is in freezer, prepare ganache. Place chocolate chips and heavy cream in a microwave safe bowl and microwave for 1 minute. Whisk until smooth, and cool to room temperature.
- Remove springform pan from freezer and quickly top with cooled ganache, spreading evenly. Return to freezer to slightly firm up ganache.
- While springform pan is in freezer, prepare whipped cream. Combine heavy cream, powdered sugar and vanilla in a bowl. Using whisk attachment of a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip cream to stiff peaks. Set aside.
- For cake, using whisk attachment of a stand mixer or hand mixer, whip cream to stiff peaks. Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, and ¼ peanut butter until smooth. Gently fold sweetened condensed milk mixture into whipped cream. Place small dollops of peanut butter on top of cream mixture, add peanut butter cups, and fold together gently.
- Remove cake from freezer and spread evenly with whipped cream to cover all sides. Decorate with additional peanut butter cups, if desired. Return to freezer for at least another hour or two, until frozen.
This recipe originally appeared as Homemade No-Churn Peanut Butter Cup Ice Cream Cake on cupcakesandkalechips.com.