Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
- Yield 2
Peanut butter and chocolate combine in this super tasty cookie.
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup smooth peanut butter (hydrogenated, not natural)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 1/2 to 3 cups self-rising flour
- 3 cups chocolate chips (mixture of semi-sweet and milk chocolate), divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup lightly salted roasted peanuts
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Combine butter, peanut butter, eggs, sugars, salt and vanilla and beat until just combined. Add flour in 1-cup increments until well combined. If dough is sticky to the touch, add more flour in 1/4-cup increments until smooth. Stir in 2 cups chocolate chips.
- Scoop onto baking sheets one dozen at a time. Decorate generously with peanuts and remaining chocolate chips. Bake in center of oven 10 to 13 minutes, until cookies are puffy and lightly tanned.
—Recipe by Mary Carter