Peanut Butter Brownies
- Yield 4
These low-fat cake-like brownies are the answer to a peanut butter lover's dream.
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine, softened
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 4 large egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 tablespoons cocoa
- 1/4 cup 25% less fat creamy peanut butter
- Preheat oven to 350F. Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and dust with flour.
- In a large mixing bowl, blend margarine and brown sugar until creamy. Add egg, egg whites and vanilla, beating until thoroughly mixed.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and baking powder. Add to creamed mixture, mixing well. Divide the batter in half. Stir cocoa into half the batter and peanut butter into the other half.
- Spoon dallops of each batter alternatley into baking pan and bake 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in middle comes out clean