Peanut Butter and Jelly Cupcakes
- Yield: 24 servings
- Prep: 15-20 minutes
- Cook: approx. 25 minutes
- 1 package (18-oz) yellow cake mix
- 3/4cup water
- 1/3cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3/4cup strawberry jam
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 12tablespoons butter, softened
- 3cups confectioner's sugar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 2 to 4 tablespoons whole milk, at room temperature
- Animal crackers (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 24 muffin cups with paper baking cups.
2. Put the cake mix, water and oil in a large bowl and beat until combined. Add eggs and beat for 3 minutes. Fill each paper liner one-third full with batter. Place about 1/2 teaspoon jam on top. Spoon remaining batter over jam until each cup is about two-thirds full.
3. Bake 18 to 22 minutes, until cupcakes are springy to the touch. Let cool completely on a wire rack.
4. In a large bowl beat peanut butter and butter until smooth. Add confectioners’ sugar and salt, and beat on medium-high speed until thick and creamy, about 1 minute. Beat in milk, 1 Tbsp at a time, until mixture is fluffy and spreadable. Frost cooled cupcakes and top with animal crackers, if using. Serves 24.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 360
- Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 40mg
- Sodium 300mg
- Carbohydrate 41g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 6g