- Yield: 6 servings
- 1cup fresh, sliced peaches
- 3tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1-- grated zest from one lemon
- 2cups buttermilk
- 1pinch salt
- 1-- egg white, beaten until stiff
- 3tablespoons sugar
- Crush or mash the peaches with a fork or potato masher and combine with the lemon juice and zest.
- Add buttermilk, salt and sugar and combine well.
- Freeze until almost solid. Transfer mixture into a chilled bowl and whip until light.
4. Fold in the beaten egg white until well incorporated.
5. Return to freezer and freeze until set.
6. Spoon into dessert dishes and garnish with a strawberry or a sprig of mint.