- Yield 8 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 45 mins
Peak of the season peaches and fresh juicy raspberries make this fruity cobbler sing.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup ground pecans
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons vegetable shortening
- 2 to 3 tablespoons ice water
- 4 cups peeled, sliced peaches
- 1 1/2 cups raspberries
- 2/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 -- egg beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons turbinado sugar
- To prepare crust, place flour, pecans and sugar in a food processor. Pulse to combine. Add butter and shortening; pulse until crumbly. Add water and stir until dough holds together. Form into a ball; wrap in plastic and refrigerate 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 425F.
- Roll dough on floured surface into a 10-inch circle. Cut into 10 strips.
- To prepare filling, combine peaches and raspberries. Add brown sugar, cornstarch, salt and lemon juice; mix gently. Spoon filling into a 11/2-quart baking dish. Arrange dough strips in a lattice pattern over filling. Brush with beaten egg and sprinkle with sugar. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce temperature to 350F and bake 30 minutes, or until golden brown. Let cool on wire rack.
Recipe by Jean Kressy.