Peach Pistachio Praline Trifle
- Yield servings
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup pistachios
- 3/4 cup and 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 3.4 oz vanilla instant pudding, prepared according to package directions
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pistachio extract (you can sub almond extract)
- 4 fresh peaches
- 16 Donsuemor Madeleines (Can sub ladyfingers, angel food cake, or pound cake)
- In a small saucepan heat up the butter on medium heat until melted.
- Add in the brown sugar and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Stir in the pistachios and let the mixture cook for one minute more. Remove from heat, stir in the 3 tbsp of cream and vanilla. Let cool.
- Whip up the remaining heavy cream, sugar and extract until peaks form.
- Fold the whipped cream into the prepared pudding.
- Boil up a pot of water and blanch the peaches for 1 minute. Peel and slice.
- Layer up the trifle starting with half the cookies/cake, followed by the pistachios, peaches and pudding. Repeat the layers and chill for at least an hour before serving.
—Julie, Mommie Cooks