- Yield 5 to 6 cups
- Prep 5 mins
- Cook 0 mins
How many ways can you think up to use this peachy filling?
A versatile filling for shortcakes and crisps or spooned over pancakes or ice cream.
- 2 1/2 to 3 pounds peaches (about 6 to 8 peaches), peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup fruit-only peach preserves
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sugar (optional)
- 1/2 to 1 tablespoon peach liqueur, peach schnapps or peach brandy (optional)
- 1/8 teaspoon almond extract
- Combine all filling ingredients in a large bowl, tossing well. Using your hand, coarsely mash 1 or 2 handfuls of peaches. This releases their juice but still leaves plenty of texture. Set the filling aside while you make the shortcake or crisp.
Recipe by Crescent Dragonwagon.