- Yield: 6 servings
- Prep: 25 mins
- Cook: 40 mins
- 4cups King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread, cut into 1-inch cubes (1/4 loaf)
- 1-- (29-ounce) can sliced peaches, drained, juice reserved
- 1/3cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 2tablespoons margarine, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 1/4cup slivered almonds
- 2tablespoons margarine
- 1cup 1/2-inch torn pieces* King's Hawaiian Sweet Bread
- 1/4cup dark brown sugar, packed
Using hands, shred leftover bread into 1/2-inch long pieces.
Bake bread cubes on a baking sheet with a lip in a preheated 200F oven for 15 minutes; remove from oven and set aside. Increase oven temperature to 325F.
While cubes bake, make streusel: cook almonds in skillet over medium heat, stirring often, until lightly browned. Add margarine; melt. Stir in torn bread and brown sugar; cook until well mixed and caramelized. Set aside.
Toss cubed bread with drained peaches, 1/2 cup reserved juice, brown sugar and nutmeg.
Pour filling into greased 8x8x2-inch pan; dot with 1/2-inch chunks of margarine.
Sprinkle top with streusel.
Bake for 25-30 minutes, until bubbling.
Serve with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream, if desired.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 450
- Glycemic Load 0
- Fat 13g
- Saturated Fat 2g
- Polyunsaturated Fat 3.5g
- Monounsaturated Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 5mg
- Sodium 150mg
- Potassium 180mg
- Carbohydrate 84g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugars 35g
- Protein 4g
- Trans Fat 1.5g
- Vitamin A 10%
- Vitamin C 2%
- Calcium 6%
- Iron 15%