Peach Coffee Cake
- Yield: 8 servings
- Uncooked oats
- 2tablespoons flour
- 1/2cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 3tablespoons butter or margarine, cut up
- 1/2cup pecans, chopped
- 1 3/4cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 6tablespoons butter or margarine, softened
- 2/3cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2pint sour cream
- 1 1/4pounds peaches, peeled, cut in 1" chunks (2 cups)
- Powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350F. Grease 9″ square baking pan.
- Make streusel: Combine oats, flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in medium bowl. With pastry blender or 2 knives, cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in pecans.
- Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in medium bowl. Beat butter and sugar in mixer bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time, then add vanilla. Add sour cream alternately with dry ingredients, beginning and ending with dry ingredients; beat just until combined. Spread batter in prepared pan. Sprinkle evenly with half the streusel. Spoon peaches on top; sprinkle with remaining streusel.
- Bake 50-60 minutes, until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan on wire rack 30 minutes. Sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar. Serve warm or at room temperature.