- Yield 4 servings
Clafouti is a traditional French dessert that has the texture of a pudding or cobbler. As the batter bakes, it forms a perfect background for the sweet juices from the fruit.
Serve with vanilla yogurt or whipped cream, if desired.
- 1 teaspoon melted butter or nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour or unbleached all-purpose white flour
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 -- eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4 cup 2-percent milk
- 3 cups sliced fresh peaches, nectarines and/or whole or sliced berries
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat the bottom and sides of a 1 1/2-quart ceramic or glass baking dish with melted butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Stir together flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl to form a batter. Gradually stir beaten eggs and milk into flour mixture; stir until smooth.
- Place fruit in the dish and pour batter over fruit. Bake about 25 minutes or until surface is puffy and golden brown.