- Yield: 4 servings
As the batter bakes, it forms a perfect background for the sweet juices from the fruit. Serve with vanilla yogurt or whipped cream, if desired.
- 1teaspoon melted butter or nonstick cooking spray
- 1/2cup whole-wheat flour or unbleached all-purpose white flour
- 1/3cup light brown sugar
- 1/4cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 3/4cup 2-percent reduced-fat milk
- 3cups sliced, peeled fresh peaches, or unpeeled plums
- Preheat oven to 375F. Coat the bottom and sides of a 1 1/2-quart ceramic or glass baking dish with butter.
- Combine flour, sugar, oats, cinnamon, salt and nutmeg in a large bowl; stir well. Add beaten eggs and milk; stir until smooth.
- Place fruit in dish and pour batter over fruit. Bake about 25 minutes, until surface is puffy and golden brown.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 240
- Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 100mg
- Sodium 200mg
- Carbohydrate 44g
- Fiber 2g
- Protein 8g