- Yield 16 servings
A reduced-fat pound cake with a peach personality.
- Peach Cake:
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup margarine
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups mashed peaches
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 to 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- To prepare cake: Preheat oven to 350F.
- In a mixing bowl, mix sugar, margarine, eggs and egg whites until creamy. Dissolve soda into buttermilk and add to creamed mixture. Gradually add flour to mixture. Add peaches, mixing well. Pour into a tube pan coated with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool and remove from pan.
- To prepare glaze: Mix enough confectioners' sugar with enough lemon juice to make a glaze consistency. Drizzle over cake.
Note: For a healthier version, top each serving with fresh sliced peaches or eliminate glaze and top with sliced peaches and a bit of pureed raspberries.