Peach BBQ Chicken Burgers
- Yield 4 servings
- 2 tablespoons vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 4 large ripe peaches, peeled and chopped
- 1 small tomato, seeded and diced
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced chipotle peppers in adobo sauce
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, minced
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound ground chicken breast
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup peach BBQ sauce Monterey jack cheese
- Spring mix salad or other lettuce
- Hamburger buns
For the barbecue sauce:
- In a medium saucepan, heat oil over medium heat. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add in peaches and tomato and cook for about 10 minutes, until peaches are mostly softened.
- Stir in ketchup, brown sugar, and chipotle peppers. Cook for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lemon juice.
- Cool liquid a bit and then using an immersion or regular blender or food processor, carefully blend to desired consistency.
- Return BBQ sauce to the pan, reduce heat to low and allow to simmer for at least 15 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
For the chicken burgers:
- Season the ground chicken with salt and pepper and then combine with about ⅓ cup peach BBQ sauce. Mix well but be careful not to overwork the meat.
- Divide evenly into four patties and cook using desired method (grill, skillet, etc.). Cook completely and top with additional BBQ sauce, cheese, and spring mix.
Recipe courtesy of Rachel, a wife and mother who loves to cook. Being in the kitchen creating meals and treats puts a huge smile on her face and she shares these delicious recipes at http://www.goodthymesandgoodfood.com!