Peach and Spinach Salad
- Yield: 4 servings
You can use arugula or chopped romaine for the greens and your favorite nut like macadamias, pistachios, pine nuts or almonds in place of pecans.
- Honey Cider Dressing:
- 1tablespoon Dijon-style mustard
- 2tablespoons honey
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- Kosher salt, to taste
- 2 ripe peaches, halved, pitted and thinly sliced
- 8cups fresh spinach leaves
- 1/2cup pecan halves, toasted (see NOTE)
- 1/2cup crumbled feta, blue cheese, gorgonzola or goat cheese
- To make dressing: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients well with a wire whisk.
- To make salad: In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Add vinaigrette and toss to combine.
NOTE: To toast nuts: Place on a baking pan in a 350F oven about 10 minutes until they become fragrant and golden brown.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 288
- Fat 22g
- Saturated Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 17mg
- Sodium 336mg
- Carbohydrate 21g
- Fiber 4g
- Sugars 13g
- Protein 6g