Peach and Blueberry Summer Spectacular
- Yield 8 to 10 servings
A store-bought angel food cake layered with fat-free cream cheese filling and fruit.
- 1 -- (16-ounce) angel food cake
- 1 -- (8-ounce) package fat-free cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 -- (8-ounce) container frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 cup diced peeled fresh peaches
- 6 tablespoons almond liqueur, divided
- Slice the angel food cake horizontally into 3 layers; set aside.
- Blend cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth. Add vanilla. Fold in whipped topping, mixing gently until well combined.
- In another bowl, mix together blueberries and peaches.
- Place bottom layer of the cake on a plate. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons almond liqueur. Top with a layer of cream cheese mixture and half the fruit. Top with second cake layer, drizzle with another 2 tablespoons almond liqueur, spread with cream cheese mixture, and top with remaining fruit. Top with third cake layer and drizzle with remaining almond liqueur. Frost sides and top with remaining cream cheese mixture. Refrigerate until ready to serve.