Peach and Blueberry Crisp
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
Summer’s best peaches and blueberries are topped with crispy, buttery topping of oats and whole-wheat flour.
- Fruit Filling:
- 6 cups sliced fruit or berries (peaches, blueberries or a combination of both)
- 3 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Crisp Topping:
- 1 cup regular or quick rolled oates
- 1 cup whole-wheat or unbleached white flour
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) butter, well chilled, chopped into small pieces
- To make filling: Mix fruit, sugar, flour, cinnamon, vanilla and lemon juice in a mixing bowl. Transfer to a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- To make topping: In a bowl, mix oats, flour and sugar. Add butter pieces and mix in with a fork, working quickly trying not to heat up or melt the butter. Topping will look crumbly like coarse sand.
- Sprinkle over fruit and bake, uncovered, in a 350F oven 45 to 50 minutes until golden brown. Cool 20 minutes before serving.