Peach-Almond Crisp in a Jiffy
- Yield: 12 servings
Make this dessert gluten-free by substituting flours.
- 4large ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1/4cup all-purpose flour (substitute almond flour to make this gluten-free)
- 1/4cup granulated sugar
- 1/2teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4teaspoon ginger
- 1/2cup brown sugar
- 1/2cup all-purpose flour (substitute almond flour to make this gluten-free)
- 1/2cup sliced almonds
- 1/2cup rolled oats
- 1/2cup chilled butter, cut into pieces
- Preheat oven to 357F. Butter a 13 x 9-inch glass baking pan.
- To prepare filling: Place sliced peaches in a mixing bowl. Add lemon juice, flour, sugar and spices. Toss well to coat peaches. Pour into prepared baking pan.
- To prepare topping: combine brown sugar, flour, almonds and oats with bits of chilled butter. Mix with a fork or your fingers. Sprinkle and spread over peaches.
- Bake about 30 minutes, until browned, bubbly and crisp.
Recipe courtesy of Nancy Vienneau and Third Thursday Potluck