- 2cups shelled English peas
- 1/4teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2tablespoons finely grated fresh Parmesan
- 1tablespoon chopped fresh mint leaves
- 1 baguette, sliced on the diagonal, 3/4 inch thick, about 12 slices
- Finely grated fresh parmesan
- Finely grated lemon zest
- Finely chopped fresh mint leaves
- Bring 3 cups water to a rolling boil in a medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Add shelled peas and sugar. Cook until peas are tender, 2 to 3 minutes. Drain and transfer to a food processor. (If using defrosted frozen peas, add peas to the food processor at this point and omit sugar). Add remaining ingredients and process until completely blended. Makes 1 1/4 cups.
- Place baguette slices on a rimmed baking sheet. Lightly brush with olive oil. Broil in the oven until golden, turning once, 2 to 3 minutes. Arrange the crostini on a serving platter. Spread the pea pesto over crostini. Garnish each crostini with a few pinches of Parmesan, lemon zest and mint. Serve immediately.
- One (10-ounce) bag of defrosted frozen peas may be substituted for the fresh peas. If using frozen, omit the sugar.