Paula Deen’s Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake in a New Light
- Yield 16 servings
- Prep 15 minutes
- Cook 55 minutes
Try Paula Deen's new lightening up version of her original Chocolate Sour Cream Pound Cake.
- 2 1/4 cups cake flour
- 2/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 2 large egg whites
- 1 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Spray a 10-inch Bundt pan with nonstick spray.
- Sift flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and baking soda in a large bowl until blended; set aside. Whisk eggs and egg whites in a medium bowl until frothy. Whisk in sour cream, oil, and vanilla.
- With an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, granulated sugar and brown sugar until fluffy, about 1 minute. Reduce the speed to low. Alternately add the flour mixture and the egg mixture, beginning and ending with the flour mixture and beating just until blended.
- Scrape the batter into the pan. Bake until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, 50 – 55 minutes. Do not over-bake. Let cool in the pan on a rack 10 minutes. Remove the cake from the pan and let cool completely on the rack. Sift confectioners’ sugar evenly over the cooled cake.
Recipe by Paula Deen.