Pat’s Summer Salad
- Yield servings
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach
- 1 large head iceberg lettuce torn in bite-size pieces
- 1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 red onion, quartered and sliced
- 1 yellow squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup mandarin orange sections
- 1/2 to 1 cup poppyseed or other dressing
- 1 1/2 cups toasted pecans
- 1 cup crumbled bleu cheese
- Combine spinach, lettuce, cucumber, carrot, onion, squash, tomatoes and oranges in a large salad bowl. Add dressing, and toss until vegetables are coated. Sprinkle pecans and bleu cheese on top.
—Pat Logsdon, Leitchfield, Ky.