Patio Pot Roast
- Yield: 8 servings
- 1 (3- to 4-pound) blade-bone pot roast, 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/2cup ketchup
- 3tablespoons flour
- 1tablespoon light brown sugar
- 1tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1tablespoon vinegar
- 1/2teaspoon dry mustard
- Vegetables such as carrots, celery and onions, sliced
- Brown roast on grill over medium-hot coals for 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Combine ketchup, flour, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar and dry mustard in a bowl; mix well. Spoon half the sauce in center of large piece of heavy-duty foil. Place roast on top of sauce. Top with vegetables; add remaining sauce.
- Fold foil to enclose and seal edges. Place on another piece of foil on grill. Grill over medium-hot coals for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or to desired degree of doneness.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Great American Opportunities, Inc., Quick & Easy Grilling (Great American Opportunities, Inc., 2003)