Pasta with Turkey Sausage, Tomatoes and Mozzarella
- Yield 4 servings
Penne with Italian turkey sausage, smoked mozzarella and Parmesan cheese.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 -- garlic clove, crushed
- 1 -- medium onion, chopped
- 2 -- (14 1/2 ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes with juice, broken up with spoon
- 1 pound Italian turkey sausage, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1/4 teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 pound penne
- 8 ounces smoked mozzarella cheese, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat. Add garlic and cook 1 minute; discard garlic. Add onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add tomatoes with juice, sausage, and pepper flakes. Cover and cook over medium-high heat until sauce is thickened, about 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with sauce in large bowl.
- Toss with mozzarella cheese. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve hot.
Recipe courtesy of by Shady Brook Farms.