Pasta with Steamed Shrimp and Green Onions
- Yield 6 to 8 servings
A quick-and-easy pasta and shrimp dish.
Covering the shrimp to steam with the other ingredients allows all of the flavors wo mix together.
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 cups chopped green onions
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1 (16-ounce) package vermicelli
- In a large pan, heat olive oil over medium heat and add shrimp, garlic, green onions, hot sauce, and salt and pepper. Cook, stirring, until shrimp are almost done, about 4 minutes. Cover, turn heat off, and let stand 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and serve with steamed shrimp and sauce.