- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 3/4pound Italian sausage, sliced into 1/2-inch rounds
- 2large red bell peppers, cut into 1⁄2-inch strips
- 2cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 28ounces can plum tomatoes, drained
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1pound pasta, cooked and drained
- Basil leaves
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add sausage. Cook until browned, about 4 minutes. Remove from pan and drain on a paper towel. Pour off all but 1 Tbsp fat.
- Add bell peppers. Cook over medium heat until crisp-tender, about 2 minutes.
- Add garlic and red pepper flakes and cook 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook over medium heat, breaking up tomatoes with a spoon, until sauce thickens, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Return sausage to pan; cook 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in pasta.
- Top with torn basil leaves and grated Parmesan cheese.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 500
- Fat 20g
- Cholesterol 35mg
- Sodium 1200mg
- Carbohydrate 68g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 22g