Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
- Yield 6 servings
- 1/2 large eggplant, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1 -- red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1 small onion, cut into bite-size chunks
- 10 -- cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 6 -- garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2 -- olive oil, divided
- -- Salt
- -- Black pepper
- 16 ounces dry penne pasta (or other bite-size pasta)
- 1 to 2 teaspoon fresh thyme (optional)
- -- Crushed red pepper
- 6 tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes or dairy-free (vegan) parmesan cheese substitute
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic on a flat baking dish or cookie sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and black pepper and toss. Roast for 25 to 35 minutes, turning vegetables once during cooking, until vegetables are soft and have crispy edges.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with roasted vegetables, tomatoes, thyme, crushed red pepper (if using), and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with nutritional yeast flakes or vegan parmesan substitute.
Recipe by Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D.