Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1/2large eggplant, cut into bite-size chunks
- 1medium zucchini, quartered and sliced
- 1-- red bell pepper, seeded and cut into bite-size chunks
- 1small onion, cut into bite-size chunks
- 10-- cremini mushrooms, quartered
- 6-- garlic cloves, cut in half
- 2-- olive oil, divided
- -- Salt
- -- Black pepper
- 16ounces dry penne pasta (or other bite-size pasta)
- 1 to 2teaspoon fresh thyme (optional)
- -- Crushed red pepper
- 6tablespoons nutritional yeast flakes or dairy-free (vegan) parmesan cheese substitute
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Spread eggplant, zucchini, bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and garlic on a flat baking dish or cookie sheet. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon oil, salt, and black pepper and toss. Roast for 25 to 35 minutes, turning vegetables once during cooking, until vegetables are soft and have crispy edges.
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Toss pasta with roasted vegetables, tomatoes, thyme, crushed red pepper (if using), and remaining 1 tablespoon oil. Serve warm or at room temperature. Serve with nutritional yeast flakes or vegan parmesan substitute.
Recipe by Amy Joy Lanou, Ph.D.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 415
- Fat 6.8g
- Saturated Fat 0.9g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 160mg
- Carbohydrate 74.5g
- Fiber 9.7g
- Sugars 5.9g
- Protein 16.3g