Pasta with Portobello Mushrooms and Roasted Garlic
- Yield: 4 servings
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/2teaspoon dried oregano
- 1tablespoon balsamic oregano
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 3large portobello mushrooms, wiped clean, stems removed
- 1cup peeled garlic cloves
- 6 to 8 dry-packed sun-dried tomato halves
- Boiling water
- 1pound linguine or fettuccine, cooked al dente, drained and cooled
- 1/2cup chopped basil leaves
- 8 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2cup shredded parmesan cheese such as Parmigiano-Reggiano or Grana Padano
- 1/4cup pine nuts, toasted*
- 2cups fresh spinach leaves, optional
- Combine 1 tablespoon oil, oregano, vinegar, salt and pepper in a zip-seal bag. Add mushroom caps, seal and let marinate at room temperature 20 minutes. Meanwhile, preheat a gas or charcoal grill. Remove mushrooms from bag and grill 5 to 7 minutes per side until cooked through. Cool and slice thinly. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- In a bowl, toss peeled cloves of garlic with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Spread out on a baking pan and roast, uncovered, 12 to 15 minutes until cloves turn light brown. (This can be done up to 2 days prior to assembling the dish.)
- Place sun-dried tomato halves in a bowl of boiling water to cover and allow to plump 20 minutes. Drain and chop coarsely.
- Toss cooled pasta with grilled mushrooms, sun-dried tomatoes, garlic, basil, scallions and cheese. Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with pine nuts. Fold in spinach leaves, if using.
Nutritional Info *per serving
- Calories 620
- Fat 13g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 316mg
- Carbohydrate 102g
- Fiber 5g
- Protein 24g