Pasta with Oven-Roasted Tomatoes
- Yield Serves 6 servings
- Prep 15 mins
- Cook 130 mins
A slow roast in the oven deepens the flavors of tomatoes for this sauce.
- -- 8 to 10 meaty ripe tomatoes
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- -- Olive oil (optional)
- 1 pound linguine, spaghetti or pasta of your choice
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- Preheat oven to 250F.
- Cut tomatoes into halves or thirds. Place, cut sides up, on a pan lined with aluminum foil. Sprinkle with salt, sugar and drizzle with oil if using. Bake at least 2 hours, and up to 6 hours.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions. Toss with roasted tomatoes, basil and cheese.