Pasta with Greens and Beans
- Yield 4 servings
Two kinds of greens are the perfect contrast to garbanzo beans and artichoke hearts in this gluten-free, vegan entree.
- 1 bunch chard
- 1 bunch spinach
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 cup vegan white wine
- 1 (15-ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 pound gluten-free fusilli or other chunky pasta
- Thoroughly wash and drain chard and spinach. Chop greens.
- Sauté garlic in olive oil. Add chard and spinach. Add oregano, lemon juice, wine, beans, artichoke hearts, and red pepper flakes. Sauté until greens are wilted.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine pasta and sauce.
Reprinted with permission from Kim Lutz with Megan Hart’s Welcoming Kitchen: 200 Delicious Allergen and Gluten-Free Vegan Recipes (Sterling, June 2011).