Pasta with Cream, Fresh Peas and Ham
- Yield: 6 servings
- Cook: 30 minutes
- 1 (12-ounce) package fettuccine
- 4ounces finely chopped country ham
- 1 shallot, chopped
- 2cups shelled fresh peas
- 1cup half-and-half
- 3/4cup grated Romano cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, adding peas to water for last 5 minutes. Reserve some of the pasta cooking water.
- In a large skillet, saute shallot with country ham (or bacon) 5 minutes. Add peas, pasta, cream and heat 2 minutes. Add pasta water if necessary. Toss with cheese.