Pasta with Clam Sauce
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 5 mins
- Cook: 30 mins
- 8ounces linguine, cooked until al dente
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- 3-- shallots, chopped
- 2-- garlic cloves, chopped
- 1/2cup dry white wine
- -- Finely grated rind and juice of 1 lemon
- 1dash red pepper flakes
- 1-- (7-ounce) can clams
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/2cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2cup (2-ounces) finely grated Parmigiano Reggiano cheese
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil for the pasta.
- Heat olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add shallots and garlic; saute 10 minutes. Add wine, lemon rind and juice, pepper flakes, clams and liquid from can; cook 10 minutes.
- Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and add to clam mixture. Add butter and parsley; stir to coat. Cook about 5 minutes. Serve with Parmigiano Reggiano cheese.