Pasta with Caramelized Vidalia Onions
- Yield 4 servings
This quick-and-easy pasta dish is perfect for a weeknight meal.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 cups Vidalia onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- -- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound pasta, cooked and drained (orecchiette* is recommended)
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan over medium heat. Add the Vidalia onions. Sauté until they begin to brown; increase heat. Stir in the sugar. Sauté until the onions are caramelized or dark brown. Add the stock. Bring to a simmer. Simmer for 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently. Stir in parsley, red pepper flakes, salt and black pepper.
- Add the pasta and mix gently. Cook just until heated through, stirring frequently. Spoon into heated pasta bowls. Serve immediately.