Pasta Verde de Mar
- Yield: 4 servings
- 1pound cod fillets
- 1can (13 3/4 ounce) chicken broth
- 8ounces packaged spinach linguini or fettucini
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 2cloves garlic, crushed
- 6-- green onions, bias sliced into 2-inch pieces
- 1medium yellow pepper cut in 1/4-inch strips
- 1/2cup fresh basil, chopped or 1 tablespoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/4teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 8-- cherry tomatoes, cut in quarters
- 1/4cup Parsley, chopped
- 18ounces jar sun-dried tomatoes (optional)
- Place fillets in a 10-inch skillet with chicken broth. (If desired, add 1 slice lemon, 1 bay leaf and a few peppercorns to liquid.) Bring liquid to boiling, cover and immediately reduce heat. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until fish becomes opaque.
- As fish simmers, cook pasta according to package directions, drain, toss with 1 tablespoon olive oil and keep warm.
- Remove cooked fish from skillet; keep warm. Drain cooking liquid, reserving 1/2 cup. Pre-heat dry skillet over high heat; add remaining olive oil. Add garlic, green onions, yellow pepper, basil and red pepper flakes and stir-fry 3 to 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender-crisp. Remove pan from heat; add tomatoes, parsley and (if desired) sun-dried tomatoes and mix well.
- Use a fork to break fish into 2-inch pieces; add fish and reserved cooking liquid to vegetables. Add pasta to skillet and toss gently with two forks to combine. Serve immediately.