Pasta Tomato Soup Florentine
- Yield 6 servings
Pasta and fresh spinach give this low-fat tomato based soup pizzazz.
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 (46-ounce) can 100% vegetable juice
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can no-salt-added diced tomatoes, with their juices
- 1 (10-ounce) can diced tomatoes and chilies, drained
- 2 (14 1/2-ounce) cans vegetable broth
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups rotini pasta
- 1 bunch fresh spinach, washed and stemmed
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large pot coated with nonstick cooking spray, saute onion 5 minutes, or until tender. Add vegetable juice, tomatoes, tomatoes and chilies, vegetable broth, oregano, and sugar. Bring to a boil. Add pasta and continue cooking 10 minutes. Add spinach and cook 5 minutes longer. Sprinkle each serving with 1 tablespoon Parmesan.