Pasta Salad for a Crowd
- Yield 12 servings
When you are asked to bring a dish to feed a group, this healthy salad is the answer.
- 1 pound fettuccine pasta
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup sliced green onions
- 2 cups halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 (14-ounce) cans quartered artichoke hearts, drained
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 1/3 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cups peeled cooked medium shrimp
- Dill Dressing (recipe follows)
- Dill Dressing:
- 1 pint plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried dillweed
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- To prepare dressing: Combine yogurt, vinegar, dillweed and horseradish in a small bowl, mixing well.
- To prepare salad: Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain and let cool.
- In a large bowl, combine pasta with peas, green onions, tomatoes, artichoke hearts, red pepper, parsley, onion and shrimp. Toss with the dressing and serve.