Pasta Puttanesca with Artichokes
- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 15-20 minutes
- Cook: 10-11 minutes
- 1 (6-ounce) can large black olives drained (reserve ¼ cup)
- 4 to 5 anchovy fillets drained and rinsed
- 1 (14-ounce) artichokes packed in water (reserve 3 artichokes)
- 3 to 4cloves garlic, minced
- 2tablespoons fresh basil chopped
- 2tablespoons fresh parsley chopped
- 2tablespoons fresh oregano chopped
- 4tablespoons olive oil
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 (14-ounce) can Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1dash ground pepper to taste
- Crumbled feta cheese
- 3/4 to 1pound spaghetti, cooked
- Place in a food processor: olives, anchovies, artichokes, garlic, basil, parsley, oregano, and olive oil. Process on high for approximately 20 seconds; wipe bowl with spatula and process another 15-20 seconds or until the mixture is of smooth consistency.
- Transfer mixture to a pan and add the tomatoes, vinegar and pepper. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes. Slice the reserved olives. Cut the reserved artichokes into quarters. Add to the mixture and heat through (3 to 4 minutes).
- Serve over pasta sprinkled with feta.