Angel Hair Pasta Primavera
- Yield 4 to 6 servings
Make changes to this dish depending on the season, your preferences, and whatever is lurking in your vegetable bin.
- 1 -- (12-ounce) package angel hair (capellini) pasta
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 1/2 pound asparagus, tips only
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/8 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting any oil and salt. Drain, set aside, and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat olive oil in a large skillet over high heat. Add garlic and red onion, stirring constantly until tender, about 5 minutes. Add asparagus, broccoli, mushrooms, and tomato. Stir in wine, scraping up the particles that cling to the bottom of skillet if necessary. Add red pepper, basil, oregano and thyme. Cook until vegetables are tender, about 6 minutes. Add pasta and Parmesan cheese, toss gently, and serve immediately.