Pasta Pizza Salad
- Yield 14 servings
'This is a pasta salad recipe I have prepared for many potluck dinners at our church and at work and for many family reunion picnics. We live on Lake Erie and do a lot of fishing. This is a great salad to go with most all of my Lake Erie perch and walleye recipes.'
- 8 ounces uncooked shell macaroni
- 3 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 3/4 pound mozzarella, cubed
- 1 medium red onion, sliced into thin rings
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup pitted black olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan, or to taste
- 3/4 cup Italian herb croutons
- Cook macaroni according to package directions. Drain in a colander and run under cold water to cool quickly. Drain well.
- Combine macaroni with tomatoes, cheese, onion, olive oil, vinegar, oregano, salt, pepper, garlic powder and olives in a large salad bowl. Toss gently to blend well.
- Serve immediately, or cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate up to 24 hours. Sprinkle with Parmesan and croutons at serving time.
—Gloria Stevens, Kingsville, OH