- Yield: 4 servings
- Prep: 25 minutes
- Cook: 10 minutes
- 8ounces angel hair pasta, freshly cooked according to package directions
- 1/2cup Crisco® 100 % Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 to 1teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or to taste
- 1 (14 1/2-ounce) can diced tomatoes, drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1 (8-ounce) container fresh mozzarella cheese, drained, sliced
- 1/2cup fresh basil leaves, torn into small pieces
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Place freshly cooked pasta in a large bowl; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet over medium high heat. Add garlic and crushed red pepper flakes; cook and stir 1 minute. Add drained tomatoes and green onions; sprinkle with salt.
- Add the sliced fresh mozzarella cheese and torn basil leaves; toss to mix. Divide pasta between 4 dinner plates. Serve immediately with grated Parmesan cheese.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.