- Yield 4 to 6 servings
- Prep 20 minutes
- Cook 15 minutes
Chicken, shrimp, sausage, spinach and tomatoes are tossed with fettuccine in this new take on a Louisiana classic from Crisco Cooking Oils.
- 1/4 cup Crisco® Pure Canola Oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red pepper, sliced into 1/4-inch strips
- 1 roasted red pepper, minced
- 1/2 pound cooked chicken, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 12 large shrimp, uncooked, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 pound andouille sausage (or other spicy smoked sausage), sliced into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons Cajun seasoning
- 1 cup fresh spinach, stems removed
- 16 cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- Salt and pepper
- 1 pound fettuccine, cooked according to package direction and drained
- Heat oil and butter in large skillet. Add onion, garlic, red pepper and roasted red pepper. Cook and stir about 5 minutes or until garlic is fragrant but not brown.
- Add chicken, shrimp, sausage, seasoning, spinach and tomatoes. Cook and stir about 5 to 6 minutes or until heated thoroughly. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Add fettuccine and toss well. Pour onto warmed serving platter.
Recipe courtesy of Crisco Cooking Oils.