- Yield 8 servings
No need to worry about leftovers when serving this dish!
- 1 pound bacon, chopped
- 8 -- garlic cloves, minced
- 2 -- (6-ounce) cans mushroom pieces, drained
- 6 ounces Canadian bacon, chopped
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1 pound capellini, broken into thirds
- 4 -- eggs, beaten
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine the bacon and 5 of the minced garlic cloves in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook until the bacon is brown. Add the mushrooms; mix well. Cook until the mushrooms begin to brown, stirring occasionally. Add the Canadian bacon; mix well. Add the remaining garlic and wine when the Canadian bacon begins to brown. Reduce the heat. Cook, covered, for 15 to 20 minutes. Cook the cappellini according to package directions. Combine the eggs and cream in a large bowl; whisk to mix well. Add 1/2 of the Parmesan cheese; whisk to mix well. Drain the capellini. Add to the egg mixture; toss to mix well. Add the pepper; mix well. Add the hot bacon mixture and remaining Parmesan cheese; toss to mix well. Serve immediately.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Junior League of Phoenix’s Reflections Under the Sun (the Junior League of Phoenix, Inc., Phoenix, Az., 1999).