Pasta and Red Beans
- Yield 8 servings
- 5 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 8 ounces uncooked pasta
- 1/2 cup diced green bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3/4 cup diced onion
- 1 can (15-ounce) can no-salt-added kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- Combine broth, cumin, chili powder and garlic in slow cooker. Cover and cook on high until mixture comes to a boil. Add pasta, vegetables and beans. Stir together well. Cover and cook on low 3 to 4 hours.
Recipes from 500 Heart-Healthy Slow Cooker Recipes by Dick Logue, Fair Winds Press, 2010.