- Yield: 6
Jewish people are not allowed to use flour or baking powder on Passover, so this is a perfect recipe. I am 96 years old and have used this recipe for years.
- 6 egg whites
- 1cup sugar
- 2teaspoons vanilla extract
- One 14-ounce package sweetened flaked coconut
- 2cups chopped nuts
- Preheat the oven to 350F. Line two large baking sheets with parchment or wax paper.
- Place the egg whites in a large bowl; beat with a mixer at high speed until peaks begin to form. Gradually add the sugar, 1 tablespoon at a time, beating constantly. Beat in the vanilla. Slowly fold the coconut and nuts into the egg mixture.
- Drop by slightly rounded tablespoons onto the baking sheets. Bake 18 minutes, or until slightly golden. Cool on the baking sheets on a wire rack.
– Ida Tenor, Pittsburgh, Pa.