Party Cheese Ball
- Yield 8-10 servings
A cream cheese and onion spread, perfect with crackers or garlic toast
"This is a favorite when I make it for church dinners. Everyone goes for it."
- 8 ounces grated Cheddar cheese
- 8 ounces softened cream cheese
- 1/2 medium onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons dried chives, or 3 tablespoons fresh, chopped fine
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 cup pecans, well chopped
- Mix together all ingredients (except parsely and pecans) and form a ball.
- Roll in parsley and pecans until evenly coated.
- Chill until serving time.
—Anna Mae Campbell, Elizabethton, Tenn.