Parslied New Potatoes
- Yield: 6 servings
- 1 1/2pounds small red potatoes
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1medium onion, chopped
- 1small garlic clove, crushed
- 1cup chicken broth
- 3/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2teaspoon pepper
- 1/4cup chopped fresh parsley
- Peel a strip from around the middle of each potato. Place in a pan and cover with cold water. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the oil, onion and garlic. Saute for 5 minutes or until tender. Add the broth and 3/4 cup parsley and mix well.
- Bring to a boil. Arrange the potatoes in a single layer in the skillet. Return to a boil and reduce the heat. Simmer, covered for 10 minutes or until the potatoes are tender. Remove with a slotted spoon to a serving bowl, reserving the sauce in the skillet.
- Add the pepper to the reserved sauce and stir to mix. Pour over the potates. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup parsley.
Recipe reprinted with permission from the Dallas Junior Forum’s Tuxedos to Tailgates (Dallas Junior Forum of Richardson, Texas 2003).